Psychiatrist Dan Siegel’s Aware book contains the essence of some of his brilliant modern concepts applying to mindfulness. This is a book club course with a difference. It’s even optional to actually read the book! Come along and enjoy exploring the book with PowerPoint’s by Adele for extra clarity, some group discussion and some optional guided movement practice and guided meditation each session.
- Session 1: Awareness, the scientific benefits of mindfulness, focused awareness meditation
- Session 2: The nature of mind as a complex system, Wheel of awareness meditation (in every session)
- Session 3: Integrating consciousness, the three pillars of mind training.
- Session 4: Exploring the Wheel of awareness, interconnection, empathy and compassion
- Session 5: Neuroscience, the brain and the mind
- Session 6 (2 hours): The nature of energy & the mind. The plane of possibility. A touch of quantum physics!
Details of course
This book club course is run from time to time on a Tuesday or Saturday. Each Zoom 1.5 hour session includes a 30- minute PowerPoint, some optional mindful movement, group discussion and a guided meditation. You will gain most out of the course by attending all sessions and even more by committing to 20-25 minutes meditation daily. Sessions will be video recorded for participants only.
This course is not scheduled for 2023 however if there is enough interest Adele will consider running it.
Especially if you’d like to discuss whether the course would be suitable for you.
To be kept informed about Mindfulness & Explain Pain offerings (3-4 emails per year)
Course Admin Fee & Donation
Teaching is by donation – the suggestion is to pay what you think the course is worth within your means either before, during or after the course. Our goal is to keep the course accessible to all those who could benefit. There is a small admin fee of $25/$15.
Teaching donations can be paid by PayPal or credit card amounts as follows:
Credit card $50
Credit card $100
Credit card $200
Donations go towards subsidising the formal, more expensive meditation courses such as MBSR and MSC.
This course is run from time to time on a Tuesday or Saturday. Each Zoom 1.5 hour session includes a 30 minute audio-visual, some optional mindful movement, group discussion and a guided meditation. You will gain most out of the course by attending all sessions and even more by committing to 20-25 minutes meditation daily.
See below for scheduled dates and times